REXUS NEXUS designed the RePS2 PSU, a 12v power supply that works with all PS2 FAT consoles.
Works with all versions (PAL, NTSC-US, NTSC-J).
A 12v AC/DC adapter with 5.5×2.1mm barrel size positive center tip is required and available as an option.
No soldering required - Plug and Play!
Installation guide: https://rexusnexus.com/reps2-install-guide/
Please Note: The default option includes the high quality MeanWell Power adapter with the RePS2 unit. This power adapter is highly recommended by the manufacturer who warns against using cheap Power Adapters with these units. If you want to save money and use the same MeanWell adapter on all your rePSU units (ReDream, ReSaturn, RePSX, and ReN64), they are all compatible with the same power adapter.
FAQ & Troubleshooting
- Does this power supply work with the Retro Gem? Yes, if you have a model that does not work with the stock PSU, this power adapter should do the trick for you!
- Will a Japanese console work in the US or in PAL territories and viceversa? Yes, the RePS2 adapter works for all FAT revisions from all regions.
- Is this compatible with HDDs and softmods such as FreeMcBoot? Yes.
- Will this solve my console not reading discs? Nope, chances are that the laser need replacement/cleaning.
- I have installed the RePS2, I get the red standby LED but the console does not power up. Your 12v AC adapter is not able to deliver the Amps needed for the console to start up. Avoid cheap low-quality adapters.
- My console switches on but I now get noise on the screen. Use a good quality AC adapter (such as the one we offer as an option) and/or make sure your AV cable is decent (shielded if possible).
- What happens if I use a super cheap 12v adapter or if the adapter has less than 5A? Chances are you’ll get noise and/or that your console won’t start. The AC adapter transforms AC 220v or 110/115v to DC 12v, whereas the RePS2 filters the 12v into the PS2 PCB. This makes the AC adapter an essential part of the circuit.