This is the All Region Dystopian Future version of the FXPAK Pro for the Super Famicom and SNES (it will fit into Japanese, European & North American systems). This cartridge comes assembled in a black universal shell, with purple anodized aluminum screws and a Retro Future-style label.
Ever dream of having your whole library of SNES or SFC games in a single cartridge? The FXPAK Pro allows you to load your game back-ups (commonly known as ROMs) on a microSD card, put the microSD card into the FXPAK Pro, put the FXPAK Pro into a SNES or Super Famicom and have your list of games at your finger tips. Please read the FLASH CART DISCLAIMER below before purchasing.
Basic Edition vs. Deluxe Edition
The Basic Edition comes with just the FXPAK Pro cartridge with a gray back label in the selected style or configuration covered by a 1-year Warranty. Whereas the Deluxe Edition includes the cartridge with gold back label, a case, printed manual, an FXPAK Pro sticker, Stone Age Gamer sticker, and is covered by a 2-year Warranty.
- FREE DIGITAL GAME: Blow 'em Out
- microSD supported (tested up to 64GB; no exFAT support so SDXC cards must be reformatted using FAT32).
- Fast ROM loading (~9MB/s).
- Fast menu navigation.
- Directories are sorted automatically, no need for FAT sorting tools.
- High resolution menu (512×224) for adequate display of long file names.
- Real Time Clock.
- Supports ROM size up to 128MBit (96Mbit actually implemented).
- Automatic near-time SRAM saving to SD Card (while the game runs). Some limitations apply:
- near-time saving is switched to periodic saving when a game is found to use the SRAM as work RAM.
- Automatic saving is disabled when MSU1 is used. SRAM is saved on reset.
- Enhancement chip support (see below for implementation status).
- SuperCIC key (SNES CIC clone):
- enables operation on unmodified consoles of all regions.
- supports software 50/60Hz switching on SuperCIC enhanced consoles only (to be performed by FXPAK firmware, not yet implemented there).
- Auto region patching: eliminates “This Game Pak is not designed…” messages regardless of 50/60Hz setting.
Supported Enhancement Chips
- BS-X memory map / Satellaview base unit registers (clock)
- DSP1 / 1b
Super EverDrive X5 vs. Super EverDrive X6 vs. FXPAK Pro:
*microSD cards larger than 32GB require special formatting tools.