WARNING: We consider this an Intermediate Level modification for the Saturn/Dreamcast. Meaning only those with some experience modding, disassembling systems, etc. should attempt this modification. Stone Age Gamer, nor the manufacturer, will warranty modifications that are not done properly. If you do not feel comfortable installing the MODE in the Saturn/Dreamcast yourself we highly suggest either using an approved modder (we offer this service for $44.99 which includes the 3D Printed Bracket, see Here for an installation guide using the bracket) or purchase a pre-installed system HERE or bundle the MODE and install service together HERE.
WARNING: We consider this an Expert Level modification for the PlayStation. Meaning only those with some significant modding experience should attempt this modification. Stone Age Gamer, nor the manufacturer, will warranty modifications that are not done properly. If you do not feel comfortable installing the MODE in the PlayStation yourself we highly suggest either using an approved modder (we offer this service for $99.99) or purchase a pre-installed system HERE or bundle the MODE and install service together HERE.
Compatible with Saturn and Dreamcast, same firmware for both systems. Compatible with both 20 pin and 21 pin Saturn consoles. Compatible with both 5v (VA0) and 3,3v (VA1) Dreamcast (proper voltage level conversion).
IT IS NOT COMPATIBLE WITH THE VA2 DREAMCAST.
Invasion from Beyond
- 100% compatible with all Saturn and Dreamcast games!
- Auto region patching (loads games from different regions without patching games)
- Auto detects the console it's plugged into. No jumpers to configure.
- SATA 2.5 HDD compatible with exfat (works with both hard drives and SSD drives)
- USB for USB thumbdrives and powered USB hard drives
- Compatible with Redump and Tosec images (for both Dreamcast/Saturn)
- Compatible with CDI, GDI, CCD, MDF, bin/iso+cue images
- Plug and play, no soldering required!
- 2 User interfaces: Simple list view and Advanced Cover Art
- Supports multiple Disc games
- Zero seek times providing faster load times
- Supports Mpeg card, ActionReplay/PseudoSaturnKai, Saturn RAM cart compatible
- DC Digital, DreamPSU and PicoPSU compatible
- 32-bit MCU at 168MHz with 192KB RAM
- High performance FPGA for accurate data transfer speeds
- USB 2.0 High Speed PHY for high transfer speed from SATA & USB
- Full speed Memory card interface supporting up to 12MB/s
- SATA to USB 2.0 bridge for high speed SATA hard disk access
- Level translators to properly convert signal levels, and support Dreamcast VA0
- Saturn 20pin and 21pin interface with mainboard autodetection
- User IO connector for expansion, and support custom interface boards
- Reset generation and Region selection for Saturn