THIS PRODUCT IS COMPATIBLE WITH ALL VERSIONS OF SATURN. IT IS COMPATIBLE WITH ALL VERSIONS OF DREAMCAST EXCEPT THE VA2 VERSION. DO NOT SEND US A VA2 DREAMCAST.
PLEASE NOTE: Only PU18 Motherboards are compatible with the MODE and the Playstation kit. Please check your model number to make sure you have a 500X or 550X model, we can only accept that model.
PLEASE NOTE: Modding/Installation Services typically take 2 - 5 days from the time we receive the console. The return shipping cost of this service is NOT eligible for flat rate shipping.
MOD CHIPS: Mod chips should have no affect on this modification. However, Stone Age Gamer offers no responsibility for a preexisting modifications. While rare, there could be a scenario where Stone Age Gamer has to replace your motherboard. We would not replace or reimburse the customer for any preexisting modification. If for some reason your modification is found to be incompatible with the MODE product Stone Age Gamer is not responsible for replacing or reimbursing the customer.
Now includes 3D Printed Bracket (Color will be Black for Saturn or White for Dreamcast - if you'd like to request another color please see our separate link for the MODE Bracket and mention in the customer notes during checkout if you prefer a different color you see available there)
You may send console in at anytime after purchasing or if you want to wait we automatically e-mail you once stock is about to arrive.
Ship just your Dreamcast/Saturn/Playstation with invoice to:
(please no AV cables, power cables, or accessories)
Stone Age Gamer - MODE
378 E. State St.
Salem, OH 44460
SATURN ADDITIONAL POWER: We will install all additional power cables for all Saturn models that may require it.
PLEASE READ: We highly suggest insuring your shipment to us. We are not responsible for any damage until the console is received and inspected. Your console must be in working order when inspected. We are not a repair service, we only provide the installation of the MODE product. Do NOT ship your console to us without purchasing this service first.
Compatible with Saturn and Dreamcast, same firmware for both systems. Compatible with both 20 pin and 21 pin Saturn consoles. Compatible with both 5v (VA0) and 3,3v (VA1) Dreamcast (proper voltage level conversion).
IT IS NOT COMPATIBLE WITH THE VA2 DREAMCAST.
Invasion from Beyond
- 100% compatible with all Saturn and Dreamcast games!
- Auto region patching (loads games from different regions without patching games)
- Auto detects the console it's plugged into. No jumpers to configure.
- SATA 2.5 HDD compatible with exfat (works with both hard drives and SSD drives)
- USB for USB thumbdrives and powered USB hard drives
- Compatible with Redump and Tosec images (for both Dreamcast/Saturn)
- Compatible with CDI, GDI, CCD, MDF, bin/iso+cue images
- Plug and play, no soldering required!
- 2 User interfaces: Simple list view and Advanced Cover Art
- Supports multiple Disc games
- Zero seek times providing faster load times
- Supports Mpeg card, ActionReplay/PseudoSaturnKai, Saturn RAM cart compatible
- DC Digital, DreamPSU and PicoPSU compatible
- 32-bit MCU at 168MHz with 192KB RAM
- High performance FPGA for accurate data transfer speeds
- USB 2.0 High Speed PHY for high transfer speed from SATA & USB
- Full speed Memory card interface supporting up to 12MB/s
- SATA to USB 2.0 bridge for high speed SATA hard disk access
- Level translators to properly convert signal levels, and support Dreamcast VA0
- Saturn 20pin and 21pin interface with mainboard autodetection
- User IO connector for expansion, and support custom interface boards
- Reset generation and Region selection for Saturn
FLASH CART DISCLAIMER
A) PIRACY – Stone Age Gamer Retroworks, Inc. ("Stone Age Gamer") does not support or condone piracy. Flash carts and similar devices Stone Age Gamer sells and supports are intended to be used only for the following purposes: development, playing games licensed by Stone Age Gamer for use with the product, and/or playing currently owned personally backed-up games and media where it is legal to do so. Stone Age Gamer does not offer support for any other use of this product.
B) PERSONAL BACK-UPS – In many territories it is legal to make back-ups for personal use and/or archival purposes, however it may not be legal in all territories. Please learn the national and local laws regarding this subject before making back-ups for personal use. Please note, in most territories "Personal Back-up" means exactly that; back-ups you made yourself of games you currently own. This often does not include back-ups obtained via other methods (i.e. downloading), even if it is a game you physically own.
C) DAMAGE – Neither Stone Age Gamer or the manufacturer is responsible for any damage of property this product may cause. This is a new product intended to be used on electronic hardware that exceeds two decades in age and Stone Age Gamer can’t guarantee the condition of such hardware. USE AT YOUR OWN RISK.
D) MODIFICATION & USE – Any unauthorized modification and/or non-intended use of this or any other flash cart product sold by Stone Age Gamer shall void both manufacturer and retailer warranties of that product.
E) CLONE / MODIFIED CONSOLES – Flash carts were developed and intended to be used on un-modified original hardware using original hardware accessories. Stone Age Gamer does not guarantee flash cart operation on clone consoles or modified consoles. Flash carts may operate on some clone consoles or modified consoles. However, due to power consumption changes, random hardware changes and/or firmware updates of those consoles we cannot offer a guarantee of flash cart compatibility. Any returns due to incompatibility with clone consoles or modified consoles will result in no refund of any shipping costs and a 10% restocking fee if no defect is found during testing.