Please Note: A micro USB charger / cable is required for power (Includes Device only, unless the "Add power adapter" option is checked above). You can also power off of a USB port on a TV with a micro USB cable if you prefer.
The 2X-Pro takes everything from the original device and improves upon it. The Pro model comes with an injection molded enclosure, a full-size HDMI port, and better build quality. Under the hood, a high quality 4-layer PCB is used, as well as multiple independently regulated and filtered power supplies.
The 2X-Pro adds scanline generation, in addition to the smoothing, as optional filter modes. Different color-encoding formats (PAL-60, NTSC-443, SECAM) are now automatically detected. New firmware can be flashed via the USB port using a PC-based program without the need for special tools.
All this adds up to make the RetroTink Pro the simplest, plug-and-play solution for connecting retro-consoles to modern TVs.
Everything that was great about the original is back plus new improvements and features:
- Professional injection molded enclosure
- Inputs: Component, S-video, Composite (shared with the green jack)
- Output: HDMI
- Automatic format detection: NTSC, PAL, PAL-60, PAL-M*, NTSC-443* and SECAM*
- SCANLINE mode
- Adjustable comb filtering for Retro (notch) and Video (2-D comb)
- USB firmware upgrade capability - no special tools needed
- Note: Requires microUSB cord / adapter for power. The 2X uses an advanced power supply filtering circuit and is tolerant of virtually any USB source. Best would be the port on your TV or display if you have one.
*PAL-M, NTSC-443 and SECAM auto-detection and support have been implemented in the firmware but only limited testing has been done due to the inavalibility of these devices in the US.