PLEASE NOTE: Only PU18 Motherboards are accepted for this modding service.
PLEASE NOTE: Modding/Installation Services typically take 1 - 2 weeks from the time we receive the console.
MOD CHIPS: Mod chips should have no affect on this modification. However, Stone Age Gamer offers no responsibility for a preexisting modifications. While rare, there could be a scenario where Stone Age Gamer has to replace your motherboard. We would not replace or reimburse the customer for any preexisting modification. If for some reason your modification is found to be incompatible with the xStation product Stone Age Gamer is not responsible for replacing or reimbursing the customer.
You may send console in at anytime after purchasing or if you want to wait we automatically e-mail you once stock is about to arrive.
Ship just your PlayStation with invoice to:
(please no AV cables, power cables, or accessories)
Stone Age Gamer - xStation
378 E. State St.
Salem, OH 44460
PLEASE READ: The Optical Lens (laser) is removed and will not be returned unless it is specifically requested to do so. If you want the old laser unit back please request it in the comments during checkout. We highly suggest insuring your shipment to us. We are not responsible for any damage until the console is received and inspected. Your console must be in working order when inspected. Please Do NOT ship your console to us without purchasing this service first.
Dead laser or just want to keep your collection on the shelf? Play your whole library of personally backed-up PS1 games from microSDs. The xStation allows you to load your personally backed-up games from a microSD card, put the microSD card into the xStation and have the list of your games at your finger tips. Please read the FLASH / ODE CART DISCLAIMER below before purchasing.
Invasion from Beyond Motor Mash Shadow Madness One Street Racer
- xStation Main PCB
- xStation 550X Quick Solder Board v1a
- xStation 100X Quick Solder Board v1a
- 3 x plastic standoffs
- 2 x xStation Stickers
- Full compatibility with the PlayStation 1 library.
- Supports multi-CD games and easy switching
- Return to loader by holding the reset button for 1 second
- PS1Digital compatibility and IGR support via PS1Digital's OSD menu
- microSD cards of any size are supported
- Supports ExFAT and FAT32
- Region free
- Automatic 50/60Hz switching
- Load times are slightly faster than an original drive in good condition
- Easy firmware updates - just copy it to the SD card - done!
- No registration required for updates, you can also downgrade without any problems
The xStation can be installed into these original PlayStation series of consoles:
This xStation comes with both a PU-8 and PU-18 PCB, which will make it compatible with the models below.
100X Quick Solder Board v1a (PU-8) Compatibility:
- Most SCPH-1001*
- Most SCPH-1002*
- Most SCPH-3000*
- Most SCPH-3500*
- All SCPH-5000
* Some of the PlayStation models use an early version of the PU-8, which unfortunately is not compatible. To determine which PU-8 version you have you must open up your PS1 and look for the number on the board. An early version would be X-XXX-XXX-11, and would be incompatible. If there is another number instead of 11 ast the end (21, 22, 23 or 41) it is compatible (the X's are also numbers, they are just not relevant).
550X Quick Solder Board v1a (PU-18) Compatibility:
- All SCPH-5001
- All SCPH-5500
- All SCPH-5501
- All SCPH-5502
- All SCPH-5503
- All SCPH-5552
A nice overview of the different models and motherboards can be found in this wiki.
More information as well as detailed installation instructions can be found in the official wiki.