This is the Base version of the SD2SNES, nothing fancy. This cartridge comes assembled with a gray North American style shell and a basic label.
This is the new SD2SNES rev. J with microSD and micro USB ports. This does NOT have regular SD and mini USB anymore.
Ever dream of having your whole library of SNES or SFC games in a single cartridge? The SD2SNES allows you to load your game back-ups (commonly known as ROMs) on a microSD card, put the microSD card into the SD2SNES, put the SD2SNES into a SNES or Super Famicom and have your list of games at your finger tips. Please read the FLASH CART DISCLAIMER below before purchasing.
Basic Edition vs. Deluxe Edition
The Basic Edition comes with just the SD2SNES cartridge in the selected style or configuration covered by a 1-year Warranty. Whereas the Deluxe Edition includes the cartridge, a case, printed manual, a SD2SNES sticker, Stone Age Gamer sticker, and is covered by a 3-year Warranty.
- microSD supported (tested up to 64GB; no exFAT support so SDXC cards must be reformatted using FAT32).
- Fast ROM loading (~9MB/s).
- Fast menu navigation.
- Directories are sorted automatically, no need for FAT sorting tools.
- High resolution menu (512×224) for adequate display of long file names.
- Real Time Clock.
- Supports ROM size up to 128MBit (96Mbit actually implemented).
- Automatic near-time SRAM saving to SD Card (while the game runs). Some limitations apply:
- near-time saving is switched to periodic saving when a game is found to use the SRAM as work RAM.
- Automatic saving is disabled when MSU1 is used. SRAM is saved on reset.
- Enhancement chip support (see below for implementation status).
- SuperCIC key (SNES CIC clone):
- enables operation on unmodified consoles of all regions.
- supports software 50/60Hz switching on SuperCIC enhanced consoles only (to be performed by sd2snes firmware, not yet implemented there).
- Auto region patching: eliminates “This Game Pak is not designed…” messages regardless of 50/60Hz setting.
Supported Enhancement Chips
- BS-X memory map / Satellaview base unit registers (clock)
- DSP1 / 1b
Apocalypse II Astrohawk Corn Buster Creepy Bird Dorke & Ymp Gourmet Sentai The Humans Iron Commando Jim Power Legend Mr. Bloopy Night Defender Night Defender II Rockfall Skipp & Friends Super Noah's Ark 3D Super Thor Quest
Super EverDrive vs. Super EverDrive DSP vs. SD2SNES:
Created with Compare Ninja