The Neo BT is a Bluetooth Adapter that allows you to connect various bluetooth controllers to your Neo Geo AES, MVS, CD, or SuperGun. This includes PS3, PS4, PS5, Xbox One, Xbox Series S & X, Switch Joy-Cons, 8BitDo (bluetooth only) and other bluetooth controllers.
The Neo BT runs on the incredible BlueRetro platform by Jacques Gagnon. A portion of each sale is donated to Jacques to further support the platform.
- Supports 8BitDo’s Neo Geo Wireless Controller (Bluetooth)
- Use various Bluetooth devices with your Neo Geo, MVS, and Super Gun
- Supports Turbo (requires firmware 1.7+)
- Very low latency, comparable to “2.4Ghz” devices (varies based on controller being used)
Example: 8BitDo’s PC Engine Mini Controller is around 7.4ms (rpubs.com) whereas BlueRetro with a PS5 controller is lower at around 5.4ms
- Remappable buttons
- Easy to use web interface
- Open source and user updatable
- Plug & Play
8BitDo’s Neo Geo Wireless Controller Setup
- Slide the mode button to Bluetooth icon on the back of the controller.
- Power on your AES/MVS with the Neo BT connected.
- Once the Neo BT’s LED starts to pulse, press the Start button on the controller. The controller’s LED status will blink and then remain lit once it’s successful paired.
- Press and hold Up + Select for 5 seconds to put the controller into D-Pad mode.
- PS4/PS5: ~5.4 ms
- XBOX One: ~8.8 ms
- Switch Pro: ~12.4 ms
- PS3: ~12.8
- WiiU Pro: ~13.2 ms
- 8bitdo: ~16.2 ms
- Wiimote: ~16.3 ms