Please Note: A micro USB charger / cable is required for power (Includes Device only, unless the "Add power adapter" option is checked above). You can also power off of a USB port on a TV with a micro USB cable if you prefer.
The RetroTINK-2X Pro Multiformat (RT2X-M) is a new product in the 2X line that supports passing thru 480p content for the newer consoles that are capable of progressive scan component output. At the same time, the 2X-M is capable of zero-lag line doubling of 240p/288p/480i/576i content like the rest of the 2X family.
The 2X-M is NOT a replacement for the 2X-Pro. Please read this article on the differences between the two product and which one might make sense for you. Also check out these videos.
Key features of the RT2X-M:
- Professional injection molded enclosure
- Inputs: Component, S-video, Composite (shared with the green jack)
- Output: Digital Video
- Automatic format detection: NTSC, PAL, PAL-60, PAL-M*, PAL-N* and SECAM*
- Pass thru of 480p component video
- Pseudo 444 RGB mode for 480p inputs - consider this a bonus and not a selling point until it has been sufficently validated
- SCANLINE mode
- Adjustable comb filtering for Retro (notch) and Video (2-D comb)
- USB firmware upgrade capability - no special tools needed
- Note: Requires microUSB cord for power (can be added above) The 2X uses an advanced power supply filtering circuit and is tolerant of virtually any USB source. Best would be the port on your TV or display if you have one.
*PAL-M, PAL-N and SECAM auto-detection and support have been implemented in the firmware but only limited testing has been done due to the inavalibility of these devices in the US.
NOTE: All 2X-Ms ship with the original v1.0 firmware. The v1.0 firmware contains the necessary code for the factory to program the anti-piracy measures and perform QC checks.
CAUTION: Proper shielded cables are mandatory for 480p and higher resolutions. Use of poor quality cables may result in low quality, unstable picture output.
*Please note: You will need a special PAL S-Video cable and a N64 with S-Video support to use this device with with a PAL N64 with s-video support.