This is the Base version of the EverDrive-N8 for the NES, nothing fancy. It comes assembled in a gray shell with basic label.
Ever dream of having your whole library of NES games in a single cartridge? The EverDrive-N8 for NES allows you to load your game back-ups (commonly known as ROMs) on an SD card, put the SD card into the EverDrive-N8, put the EverDrive-N8 into an NES system and have your list of games at your finger tips. Please read the FLASH CART DISCLAIMER below before purchasing.
Basic Edition vs. Deluxe Edition
The Basic Edition comes with just the EverDrive-N8 for NES cartridge in the selected style or configuration covered by a 1-year Warranty. Whereas the Deluxe Edition includes the cartridge, a case, printed manual, a EverDrive-N8 sticker, EverDrive-N8 controller overlay, Stone Age Gamer sticker, and is covered by a 3-year Warranty.
- NES, Famicom, and Twin Famicom systems are supported.* Works with many NES/FC clones as well.
- Cart supports NES, Famicom, and FDS ROM images.
- Automatic disk side swap for FDS.
- Expansion audio.**
- Save State functionality.
- Game Genie cheat code support.
- Automatically backs-up saves to SD card. There is no need to push reset before shutting down the system.***
- Mapper support can be extended via software updates. As easy as loading new mappers files on SD card.
- FAT / FAT16 / FAT32 file system formats are supported.
- Supports SD (SD & SDHC) cards up to 32GB.
- Quick loading of game files (approx. 4-8 seconds).
- Powerful Cyclone II FPGA.
- 2 x 512Kbyte SRAM for PRG and CHR data.
- 128Kbyte battery backed memory. It write save data to SD.
- Max II CPLD to handle FPGA reconfiguration, BIOS and SD interfaces.
- 1Mbyte flash BIOS.
- Voltage shift buffers on PPU and CPU bus for matching levels between 5v NES bus and 3.3 EverDrive bus. Far better than simple resistor buffers at reducing noise and power consumption.
*Famicom version of cart requires Famicom to NES adapter to be used with NES. NES version of cart requires NES to Famicom adapter to be used with Famicom.
** Only Famicom can output expansion sound without modification. NES systems require modification to support this feature.
*** FDS is the only exception, user should push the reset button on system to get back to main menu before than shutting down the system, otherwise FDS save data will be lost.
AO Bible Adventures Bible Buffet Escape from Atlantis Exodus Free Fall Joshua King of Kings LAN Master Lawn Mower Motor City Patrol NES Virus Cleaner Noah's Ark Quest Forge Scarabeus Spiritual Warfare Sunday Funday Thunderbolt II Zooming Secretary