LIMIT 1 PER CUSTOMER: This product is currently limited 1 per customer. If you place multiple orders for this product ALL orders you placed will be cancelled.
LABEL NOTE: The chromatic color on the product image is simulated. This product's label is be printed on a holographic/chromatic material and those areas will change colors depending on light and angle.
PURCHASE INCLUDES FREE DIGITAL COPY OF
RIKKI & VIKKI!**
The RetroHQ 7800 GameDrive cartridge allows you to play all your Atari 7800 games and homebrew directly from a memory card with many other extras built in!
The 7800GD has all the additional audio chips you'll ever need, including 2 POKEY chips for DUAL POKEY music, a YM2151, COVOX audio for sampled sound and BupChip for blasting sampled music.
The 7800GD also features a unique RGB video and audio out port on the cartridge itself allowing you to play your 7800 (and 2600) games in glorious RGB using a compatible Mega Drive 2 style video cable!*
As if all of this wasn't enough, the 7800GD also allows you to break into your games, save your state, load previous states, enable cheats or just return to the game menu and load another game. And to make all of this even easier, there is also the Mega 7800 which allows you to use Mega Drive and MasterSystem controllers on the 7800 and access game breaking features at the touch of a button!
And for the software developers among us, there is a serial port on the side which allows you to upload and run code directly from your PC. 7800Basic has support for uploading to the 7800GD and will have support for using the Mega 7800 within your own homebrew games!
Basic Edition vs. Deluxe Edition
The Basic Edition comes with just the 7800 Game Drive cartridge with label and printed manual. Whereas the Deluxe Edition includes the cartridge, a case, printed manual, a 7800 GameDrive sticker, Stone Age Gamer sticker, and is covered by a 2-year Warranty.
- Atari 7800, NTSC and PAL
- FAT16 or FAT32 memory cards
- High Score Cartridge (HSC) Support
- POKEY audio
- YM2151 audio
- COVOX audio
- BupChip audio
- Mega 7800 support
- Serial debug port for developers
- CRT's and good up-scalers (RetroTINK 5x Pro recommended)
All 7800 retail games and the majority of homebrew and the majority of 2600 retail games and non-ARM based homebrew.
* PLEASE NOTE: AV OUT PORT SUPPORTS RGB ONLY (Component/SCART). The AV out port will NOT work with RF, composite (yellow/white/red), or HDMI cables (unless HDMI is through an RGB to HDMI converter). Many modern televisions have issues with video signals from old consoles like the 7800, for best compatibility a CRT is recommended or a good quality up-scaler such as the RetroTINK 5x Pro when used with a modern television. Other up-scalers can work, but will be very dependant on your specific television.
** This only includes the Atari 7800 compatible version of Rikki & Vikki and does not include the PC version.