* 1000 Prize Ticket limit earned from pre-order per customer. Bonus will be paid out once all pre-orders have been shipped.
PRE-ORDER - Expected to ship in February or sooner
Fenrir - Optical Drive Emulator (ODE) for the Sega Saturn
With Fenrir, you'll never use your old cd drive. Simply replace it with the Fenrir by removing the disk drive and plug both Fenrir cables. No soldering required.
You will be able to store all your games in the microSD, launch homebrews and games and load them faster from the menu.
- Improved loading time with the SD card.
- Support any microSD (and SDCard with an extender) of any size.
- Easy to add games with the microSD.
- Support .ccd/.iso/.bin and redump rips.
- Support FAT32 and exFAT
- Region free !
- Support the Sega Saturn Movie Card !
The installation is very easy, there is no soldering to do, the kit is ready to use.
- Fenrir supports up to 2499 games per SD card.
- IGR to return to the menu.
- Press ABC + Start on your controller to return to the menu.
Grab the latest firmware here: https://www.fenrir-ode.fr/firmware/#lastest-version
How do I know if I have a 20 or 21 pin Console?
Fenrir 20 pin drives are motherboard revisions VA0, VA0.5, VA0.8, VA1.
Please note some VA1 revisions come with a 21 pin drive instead of a 20 pin drive.
In order to find out if your console has a 20 pin drive without opening it, you can look for a screw at the back, next to the power supply socket.
If you see 3 screws, then it’s a 20 pin VA0. If not, then you need to check that the power and reset buttons are oval in shape and not round.
Another way to check, is to open the CD lid and look towards the back of the cd mechanism, to the gap on its right side.
If you see a white ribbon cable running towards the back, then you have a 20 pin drive.
If none of the above helps, then you most likely have a VA1 console and you need to open it to make sure your drive uses a 20 pin ribbon.
How to update the firmware
Updating your Fenrir board’s Firmware, is incredibly easy.Tools Required:
- A microSD card, FAT32 formatted
- A computer (Windows, OS X or Linux) with a microSD or SD card slot with adapter
- The latest Firmware Update.bin file, which you can download from here
1. Insert your microSD card to your computer’s card reader. The drive will show up on your Computer (Windows) or the Desktop (OS X).
2. Open it with Windows Explorer / Finder / File Browser.
3. Drag the “update.bin” file to your SD card.
4. Safely eject the card.
5. Make sure your Sega Saturn is turned off. Insert your microSD card to the Fenrir microSD card slot.
6. Turn on your Sega Saturn. The animation won’t play. After a while, you will see the Saturn Bios screen.
7. Select “Start Application”. The firmware update is done!