The Retrode is the world’s best USB adapter for vintage video games. Play your 16-bit console games on your computer/cell phone/tablet/whatnot, using your original cartridges and controllers!
- Game cartridges, and lots of them
- Game controllers
- Emulators for SNES/SFC and Genesis/Mega Drive
- A computer with a USB port, running any of the above (Windows/Linux/MacOS/*NIX) - Caanoo and Pandora work fine as well.
- A Retrode!
The Retrode is for you if…
- you like playing legacy video games on your PC, Pandora or Caanoo
- you want to back-up all your games to roms for use on EverDrives or other flash carts
- you want to preserve your investment in these games, even after all hardware has expired
- you want to back up your game progress, e.g. before replacing the cartridge battery
- you like emulator cheats, but prefer to finish the boss on the real console
- you simply think it’s cool to plug huge game cartridges into a PDA or cell phone
The Retrode is not for you if… you don’t see the difference between making private backup copies of games that you own, and downloading 10,000 ROMs from the internets.
- Cartridge slots for Sega Genesis/MD and Nintendo SNES/SFC games. Access ROM (program/data) and SRAM (savegames)! Custom-made connectors of video game quality.
- 2×2 ports for Sega and SNES controllers.
- USB 2.0 Full-Speed composite device for driverless operation under any OS, using any emulator.
- Easy to use, configure and update.
- Expandable using plug-in adapters.
- Made in Germany.
- Dimensions and weight: 162mm x 80mm x 42mm, 200g (6.4″ x 3.2″ x 1.7″, 0.4lbs)
- Includes USB cable and instruction sheet.
- Other Adapters sold separately for consoles such as Sega Master System, Gameboy/Color/Advance, and Nintendo 64