* Maximum of 1000 Prize Tickets can be earned pre-ordering this product per custom across all orders. Pre-order bonus will be paid out once all pre-order units have shipped to the customer.
PLEASE NOTE: When Pre-ordering items along with mail-in services we prefer that you wait until the N64 HD hardware is available before sending in your console. Please check before sending in your console if you do not see the listing marked as in-stock. First batch should be arriving around mid to late March.
This listing includes both the N64 HD Hardware and Installation Service (Mail-in)
WARNING: We consider this an Expert Level modification for the Nintendo 64. This kit involves soldering directly to the legs of the N64 NUS which requires an advanced level of soldering skills. Meaning only those with significant soldering experience should attempt this modification. Stone Age Gamer, nor the manufacturer, will warranty modifications that are not done properly. If you do not feel comfortable installing the 64HD in a Nintendo 64 yourself we highly suggest either using an approved modder (we offer just the service for $119.99).
PLEASE NOTE: Modding/Installation Services typically take between 1 - 3 weeks from the time we receive the console. This lead time can vary during busy times or around holidays.
Ship just your Nintendo 64 Console (please do NOT include AV cables, power cables, or accessories) with invoice to:
Stone Age Gamer - N64HD
378 E. State St.
Salem, OH 44460
If you cannot print off your invoice please include your contact information and account email address instead.
Stone Age Gamer is not responsible for any damage received during shipping your console to our facility. We highly suggest insuring your shipment.
Included in the kit:
- 64HD PCB
- HDMI Daughterboard PCB + Ribbon Cable
- Booster Bracket
- Quick solder flex cable
- No-cut A/V Shroud (not picture, included)
- Foam Adhesive Pad (for N64 motherboard revisions NUS-CPU-06 through NUS-CPU-09)(Not pictured, included)
DETAILED FEATURE LIST
- Compatible with all N64 models
- Supported Resolutions
- 1080i60 (1920×1080 interlaced)
- 720p60 (1280×720 progressive, Default Mode)
- 480p60 (720×480 progressive)
- 240p60 (1440×240 progressive, use with component converter for PVM/CRT screens)
- Scaling Modes
- Integer 1:1 PAR (Pixel Aspect Ratio)
- Full Screen non-Linear
- Non-integer linear scaling (Default scaling option)
- Overscan for All Scaling Modes
- VI Deblur
- Image Brightness Control
- 3 Pixel Filter modes
- 3 Scanline Modes (Simple and Hybrid)
- Settings saving
- This mod does output the digital video signal directly from the on-board FPGA. 720p mode is compatible with almost all devices we tested, however, 480p and 1080i are auxiliary modes that may have issues on some devices such as having audio or graphical glitches.
- 240p mode is to be used with non-scaling HDMI to component adapters for CRTs and PVMs. Component adapters that have an internal image scaler will present issues with with 240p mode specifically. Component adapter must also support 480i input, 480p support only does not suffice for 240p mode.