This is the North American Base version of the SD2SNES Pro for the North American SNES only, nothing fancy. This cartridge comes assembled in a gray shell and a basic label.
Ever dream of having your whole library of SNES or SFC games in a single cartridge? The SD2SNES Pro allows you to load your game back-ups (commonly known as ROMs) on a microSD card, put the microSD card into the SD2SNES Pro, put the SD2SNES Pro into a SNES or Super Famicom and have your list of games at your finger tips. Please read the FLASH CART DISCLAIMER below before purchasing.
What are the main differences between the original SD2SNES and the SD2SNES Pro? The SD2SNES Pro comes with a more powerful FGPA (think main processor). This may allow the SD2SNES Pro to offer features that the original SD2SNES can not. This may include features like save states, better game compatibility, Super Game Boy emulation, SuperFX overclocking, and more. However, it must be noted at this time none of these features have been implemented. If/when they do get added it will be via a firmware update. We highly suggest purchasing a product based on what it can currently do and not what it could possibly do in the future.
Carrier Aces Corn Buster Dorke & Ymp Dragon View Drakkhen The Humans Iron Commando Mr. Bloopy Power Piggs Push-over Radical Rex Super Noah's Ark 3D Tinhead Top Racer Top Racer 2
Basic Edition vs. Deluxe Edition
The Basic Edition comes with just the SD2SNES Pro cartridge with a gray back label in the selected style or configuration covered by a 1-year Warranty. Whereas the Deluxe Edition includes the cartridge with gold back label, a case, printed manual, an SD2SNES Pro sticker, Stone Age Gamer sticker, and is covered by a 3-year Warranty.
- microSD supported (tested up to 64GB; no exFAT support so SDXC cards must be reformatted using FAT32).
- Fast ROM loading (~9MB/s).
- Fast menu navigation.
- Directories are sorted automatically, no need for FAT sorting tools.
- High resolution menu (512×224) for adequate display of long file names.
- Real Time Clock.
- Supports ROM size up to 128MBit (96Mbit actually implemented).
- Automatic near-time SRAM saving to SD Card (while the game runs). Some limitations apply:
- near-time saving is switched to periodic saving when a game is found to use the SRAM as work RAM.
- Automatic saving is disabled when MSU1 is used. SRAM is saved on reset.
- Enhancement chip support (see below for implementation status).
- SuperCIC key (SNES CIC clone):
- enables operation on unmodified consoles of all regions.
- supports software 50/60Hz switching on SuperCIC enhanced consoles only (to be performed by sd2snes firmware, not yet implemented there).
- Auto region patching: eliminates “This Game Pak is not designed…” messages regardless of 50/60Hz setting.
Supported Enhancement Chips
- BS-X memory map / Satellaview base unit registers (clock)
- DSP1 / 1b
Super EverDrive X5 vs. SD2SNES vs. SD2SNES Pro:
Created with Compare Ninja
*microSD cards larger than 32GB require special formatting tools.